Sunday, January 23, 2011

Falling Slowly

I like the ending of once, a short film about a chapter of the lives of two people. Two lonely people crossing each others' paths, enjoying themselves while they're together, briefly falling in love and moving on with life when they gotta do what they gotta do. I like how it doesn't feel like a movie with everything packed into two hours, just a film moving at a slow, comfortable pace.

Not just like any of those stories where two strangers meet, fall in love and live happily ever after. Why do we need films portraying the perfect life, the perfect romantic ending when such a meeting is so beautiful in itself?

On top of all that, the soundtrack is wonderful. The kind where you can close your eyes and feel the music, like it's a part of you. I played it on the piano right after, there's nothing more I love more than this. It has the power of bringing two individuals together and does simply magic.

Sometimes I do dream of a person who'll play with me, sing with me till the sun goes down; we'll write songs and listen to it after, a smile on each others' face. All we need is each other and this little magic that brings us together. We'll write letters to each other though we're comfortable with each other because there are words that are better written down. And he'll have a way with words, definitely. Getting Gross Goosebumps.



Marketa Irglova - If you want me
This one's haunting. To me, at least.

Really, I'd prefer a live performance or a portion of the film over slideshows like this but there's a problem with the quality..



Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova - Falling slowly

I'm sure many have heard this before, I love this one too much.

No comments: